Thursday, July 21, 2011

he rocks!

All too often we see the terrible caught-on-tape videos of a police officer crossing the line. Here at The Feed we would like to shine the spotlight on the reverse, a video of an officer staying entirely calm, cool and collected.  Check out this video of the hero that Oceanside deserves (and needs) in action. Officer Matt Lyons with the Oceanside Police Department definitely deserves a shout out for this almost 3-minute encounter. Officer Lyons, we salute you, not only for your incredible professionalism, sense of humor, and great on camera demeanor, but also your dedicated 22 years of service in the United States Marine Corps.

READ ENTIRE ARTICLE/VIDEO HERE

4 comments:

BedaFiglia said...

Cool cop, but it raises a question or two. First of all, I was under the impression that when an officer asks you for I.D., regardless of the situation, you are required to give at least your name and DOB. "Jeremy" sounded like a bit of a smart ass, and my "Cops" brain actually wanted to see him given a hard time for refusing to give info.

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, I made almost the same comment on PositiveLEO but I didn't post that here. Jeremy sound like he was baiting the cop just waiting for him to get angry and I'm glad he didn't. But yeah, he came across as quite the *sshole to me.

*Goddess* said...

BTW, that kind of concerned me a bit, too. After all, how could he check the guy for any warrants or anything if he didn't know who he was? And then he let him go with a gun in his possession...

Beda Figlia said...

That clip left a lot of unanswered questions. I was impressed, though, that the cop kept his cool so well.