Saturday, August 22, 2009

Poll question




I wondered why
I was getting so many "Andrea of Policewomen of Broward County at the beach" google searches this past week.

Now I know.

Maybe it's just me, but I think this woman is a cross between Kendra and Kelly Ripa. She sounds almost EXACTLY like Kelly and has the boobs of Kendra. Thank God she doesn't have that annoying Kendra laugh.

This episode is the basis for my poll question. I'd like to know what you think about scenes like this one from Policewomen of Broward County. For some reason, it pisses me off and I think it's because they do NOT do this on shows that highlight mostly male cops, like SWAT USA or Speeders or even COPS.
You don't see the guys doing their job then running around on the beach in a thong with big Dick and the twins hanging out.

It's almost like there's some sort of double standard where they show the women as officers, but then they have to make it sexual, and I'd like to know what others think about this. Do you think this helps the image of the female officer or hurts it?

Please participate in the poll and if you want to leave comments here, feel free to do so.

BTW, I am officially in awe as to how much can be hidden beneath a Kevlar vest....

6 comments:

Texas Ghostrider said...

Hey they showed a swat show with one of them working out in the gym. A lot of female cops you won't want to put in a bakini...

She is sexy I guess I need to watch the show and see if she as the brains.....

*Goddess* said...

Oh they showed them working out in a gym on this show, too, with one of the female officers who wasn't showing off everything God gave her. And neither were they. I get what you're saying, though.

And yes, she does seem very intelligent.

Tamale Chica said...

From the comments I hear, this doesn't surprise me at all. Often I'll hear something about a woman PO and how in her younger days she was really beautiful or hot looking. Some of this focus seems to be borne more out of the visual nature of the job. It's one thing if it is coming from that direction, versus making it sound like a woman PO's merits only come from the size of her chest bubbles.

Snowflake said...

Did you see Thursday's nights? Julie was in a sports bra and I think short-shorts cleaning the pool with her son sitting right there. I don't see how the Twins didn't escape!

*Goddess* said...

TC, I think they're trying to show there's more to these women than their work, but I have a problem with the way they're conveying that message....and with exactly what that msg. is. It just struck me as odd that the two women with the biggest boobs were portrayed in this manner.

Anonymous said...

I agree Goddess. If they're going to show the pretty women officers in bikinis, I wanna see the buff boys in Speedos, or neither. They just want a larger audience and getting more males this way. What crap! That they agree to it doesn't help to prevent the harassment women get either. They probably get paid more to also, where the guys get paid same regardless.